Divorce Lawyer Fairfield County
Divorce is seldom a simple legal matter, particularly when assets are involved. Indeed, if you and your spouse have accumulated substantial wealth during your marriage including investment accounts, business interests and real estate ― your divorce can quickly become quite complex. In such circumstances, it is crucial to seek the legal guidance of a divorce attorney with the experience and professional acumen to preserve the assets you have accumulated through a lifetime of hard work and unwavering initiative.
With offices in both New York and Fairfield County Connecticut, Heidi E. Opinsky and her team of legal professionals are dedicated to providing clients throughout the region with matrimonial and superior family law representation. In fact, Ms. Opinsky works tirelessly every day to exceed her clients’ expectations ― she truly exemplifies a client-centered commitment to the practice of family law. With more than 30 years of family law experience, Ms. Opinsky not only understands the intricacies of moderate and high net worth divorces, but also possesses the insight and knowledge necessary to help optimize her clients’ outcomes.
Moderate Or High-Asset Divorce Law
Ms. Opinsky focuses her family law practice in the area of moderate and high net worth divorce, concentrating on the unique needs of those who have accumulated significant property and assets. If you fit this description, Ms. Opinsky can provide you with the nuanced legal services you so desperately need. She works closely with professionals such as forensic accountants, estate planners and tax experts to help ensure that clients achieve the very best results possible. Sophisticated and complex issues that often arise in a high-asset divorce include:
- The division and distribution of real property, including marital residences, second homes, vacation homes and investment properties, as well as circumstances in which these properties are located in either New York or Connecticut
- The distribution of assets after valuation of all property, including art, antiques, jewelry, investments and cars
- The future valuation of pensions, retirement accounts, stock option plans and other benefits
- The valuation of businesses or professional practices, including medical, legal and financial firms
- The location of hidden assets
- The calculation of spousal support, which is also known as maintenance or alimony
- The calculation of child support, which is done on a unique case-by-case analysis once the parents’ income level has exceeded the threshold
- The establishment of custody and visitation schedules
Additional Matrimonial & Family Law Services
Heidi E. Opinsky will use all available resources to get the results you deserve. In addition to the issues above, Ms. Opinsky has experience in cases involving civil unions, domestic partnerships and same-sex divorce. She is skilled in obtaining post-divorce modifications of alimony, child support, custody and visitation and post-judgment enforcement and contempt proceedings, when necessary. Ms. Opinsky also serves as a strong advocate for those facing domestic violence issues, including assault, spousal abuse and matters warranting the involvement of Child Protective Services.
If you are considering divorce and wish to speak to a lawyer who understands the unique issues faced by high net worth couples, contact Heidi E. Opinsky and her team of family law professionals today at 203-653-3542 to schedule a confidential consultation. You can also reach her online. With offices in both New York City and Stamford, Connecticut, she assists clients throughout Greater New York and the surrounding areas, including: Manhattan, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton, Wilton, Westport and Fairfield.